Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Modern Baby Shoes

So I found this tutorial on Pinterest and I've been wanting to try it out. Yesterday I finally got around to it & it wasn't as hard as I thought. Until I kept messing up and then my sewing machine decided it didn't want to work with me. My first try wasn't so great..at all.

I'm not even going to go into why they were so bad. I think it's pretty obvious. The second time I wanted to do them in burlap with a patterned lining. This was tricky since I had to follow the directions backwards. 
This is my second pair:

I accidentally made two left shoes and I tried to play it off, but my husband noticed and then there was the fact that the seams are showing inside, which I did NOT like. I took a break for the night, since I had been working on the first two pairs for hours! This morning I worked on the third pair for about two hours and I am so happy with how they came out. I think they look adorable!






What do you think?? I am in love and will be making lots more!


-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment