Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tinsel Tree

I've been seeing these cone and paper mache "Christmas trees" on (where else?) Pinterest and I thought they were so cute!! I read a few different tutorials and found that you can make the cones yourself out of poster board for a super cheap price, but I didn't want to spend a whole weekend trying to figure out how to mark and cut and mark and cut poster board. Not my thing. Well I was at my beloved Hobby Lobby and came across this BIG paper mache cone..it was 40% off, so I ended up getting it for $3 or $4!
{Sorry the picture is so dark, I couldn't get the lighting right}

I bought some of this tiny tinsel ( I actually ended up using 5-they each have about 15 ft. of tinsel)

And I wrapped it around that tree for what seemed like FOREVERRRRR!


 And then I finally ended up with this beautiful little thing!

I did actually enjoy doing this, but I'm not on any fast trains to make another one anytime soon...it wore me OUT! I am loving all these Christmas projects!! I have a ton of baby things I want to make that I want to share with you, but I that will have to wait until after the holidays..
Have a great Sunday!!

-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment