Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Shutter Headboards

I have been looking for the "perfect" bed frame or headboard to make our room look a little prettier..maybe a little vintage, too. Lately, I've been seeing so many bedrooms that have shutters as headboards. They are so pretty AND look a little vintage!!





I was looking on Craigslist for some free shutters but I didn't find any. I wanted to do this without spending money since we're on a tight budget. And I finally figured out how I can do it for free!!
When we moved into our house, every single closet had bi-fold doors. We hate bi-fold doors. We removed all of them except for the ones in our garage-turned-family-room. I'm not sure why we didn't remove them, but nonetheless, when I was in the family room the other day, I got an idea. 

In the words of Gru, "Liiiight bulb."

I could use my our bi-fold doors for our headboard!! They have the same look as shutters and..they're FREE!


They are old & dingy, but don't worry. I'm going to cut them down to size and give them a nice paint job..I can't wait to get started! Stay posted for the reveal!

Tara

1 comment:

  1. that is such a good idea, I can't wait to see how it turns out! You're so crafty!

    Love you
    Sister

    ReplyDelete