Sunday, June 26, 2011

Counting my Blessings

"Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon His name, make known His deeds among the people" -I Chronicles 16:8


The past two months have been crazy in our house. We've been working on so many different house projects. Everything has been moved around at least 5 times and it has been chaos! Currently we my husband has been putting our new flooring in. He also recently fixed our fence {we were SO tired of people asking "Oh, is your house the one with the big hole in the fence?" when giving directions} and our kitchen is..well, it really isn't much of a kitchen right now. The cabinets are all down on the floor needing to be replaced or renewed {we haven't decided what we're going to do yet}, we need to replace the sheet rock on the walls, and the ceiling is half done..and by half done, I mean we put sheet rock up..no, it has not been mudded or painted yet. It's just up. What do you think we are? We never always leave projects unfinished for long periods of time..
In the midst of all of this craziness, I have found myself complaining quite often to my husband who already works full-time and then comes home to work "full-time" on the house. Poor guy. I have been so ungrateful with everything being chaotic and out of order {I'm OCD when it comes to organization} that I have lost sight of what I have to be thankful for. That said, I want to start a "Gratitude List". I think it would help me out alot to write down what I am thankful for and that way I can focus on the good instead of on the not-so-great. 


This week, I am blessed with:


1. A husband that loves me
2. Our sweet baby girl that makes me laugh
3. A family night swimming in our new little pool
4. The fence being fixed
5. God's continual love & provision
6. A family that loves us & helps us when we need it
7. In-laws being back in town for a little while
8. Our home in all of it's messy glory
9. No more concrete floor in the bedrooms!!!!
10. A flourishing vegetable garden {we are SO thrilled-we've never grown anything before & we've had great success!!}
11. My husband's stable job
12. My business is slowly getting more & more..well, business
13. A free photoshoot for our baby girl which equaled a free Father's Day gift {I'm ALL about free stuff}
14. The most amazing church family
15. Our kind-of-new best friends {our relationship is as old as our daughter-5 months and going strong! ;)}




Have you ever found yourself focusing on the bad instead of counting your blessings? What are you most thankful for this week?




Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment