Wednesday, August 7, 2013

.The Kitchen Sink.

So today I am going to show you a super fun thing to do when you're bored. Clean the kitchen sink! 
No, but really..it was kind of fun. You know, to watch the dirt go away. I'm weird like that. I like to vaccuum and sweep and make things look new and tidy again. You'd think my house would be spotless. HA! So, when my husband and I remodeled our kitchen (still a work in progress), we found a ceramic Kohler sink on CList that was the exact one we were going to buy from Lowes. We bought it and installed it and it was beautiful! After lots of use, though, it was looking naaastyyyyyy. I've never owned a ceramic anything before that required cleaning so this was my first attempt at getting the dirt off. It was super easy. I bought this cleaner called Bar
Keeper's Friend and it was awesome.


 
 
This is what I started with.
 
See all that grossness?
You simply sprinkle some cleaner on the dirty spots and wipe them down. I really didn't have to scrub too hard. That cleaner is my best friend.
The white area below shows the difference between where I already scrubbed and the still-dirty spots.
 
 
TA-DA! I know it still looks yellow-ish against the back of the sink, but I promise that's just from the shadows and the way the light hits it. It is sparkling white now! LOVE that sink! 
 
 
There you have it. Bar Keeper's Friend. Tara's Friend is what it should be called. ;)
Have a great night!
 
-Tara
 
PS: my cabinet hardware came in yesterday!! I am so excited to show you how they look once they're installed! Hopefully I will have a post by this weekend. I've got 4 orders to fill by Friday and Saturday.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the sink!
    One step at a time.

    That cleaner is fabulous for any stainless steel; we swear by it for the appliances and our pots and pans!

    ReplyDelete